The Senior Client Success Manager (Sr. CSM) owns client relationships and is responsible for retention, adoption, achieving client goals, and optimization of overall client processes. This is a strategic role that requires critical-thinking for tailored client approaches to obtain ongoing outcomes of an ever-moving target.
The Sr. CSM maintains and expands our client account relationships. This position is responsible for understanding contract language, client renewals, identifying and closing upsell opportunities and the ongoing optimization of client outcomes.
The position requires a deep understanding of each client’s organization, their solution & their organizational objectives.
The Sr. CSM also serves as liaison between clients and different teams within the company: Implementation, Delivery, Product, Finance & Support- among others.
- 5 years client success experience in software required
- Experience in sales, business development, client relationship management and project management preferred
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) experience required
- Experience in auditing, financial data analysis or data analytics as a practitioner, or with a complementary or competitive products and services is a plus
- Knowledge of SalesForce, JIRA, Smartsheet
- Experience with popular T&E, Financial, CRM and ERP systems a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Arts, Science or Engineering strongly preferred
- Ensure the success of an assigned set of customers through exceptional customer service delivery
- Provide customers with ongoing guidance to maximize product adoption and value realization
- Manage customer retention and renewals, and carefully managing customer attrition risk
- Drive new business growth, including upsell and cross-sell opportunity identification and follow-through
- Serve as a customer advocate and advisor, providing consultative advice, best practices coaching and creative thought leadership
- Foster and maintain customer relationships across departmental and executive functions and management levels
- Create client-facing deliverables and work products, including Program Review and training documentation, following established standards where available and appropriate
- Keep up-to-date with changes to company products, tools and processes
- Communicate effectively and maintain a proactive, positive relationship with all departments within the company, notably including Sales, Marketing, Client Engagement Management, Client Support and Client Delivery
- Assist in creating processes and procedures that will streamline Client Success processes. This includes deliverables and templates for internal and external stakeholders
- Support and assist the Product Development organization by sharing customer and individual feature enhancement ideas and suggestions or participating in Product development and testing
- Assist other team members with client engagements when appropriate
- Assist with mentoring and training new employees
- Occasionally present product knowledge or domain expertise via speaking, training or sales environments including customer conferences, trade shows, conventions or public speaking engagements
- Track billable and non-billable time and expenses
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.