A leader in preventing payments fraud and anti-money laundering is needing experienced Technical Support Engineers in the Atlanta, GA area who are highly skilled in supporting Java based enterprise software running on a Linux environment. This is a truly exciting role as you will need to apply your technical skills to investigate and solve challenging problems, whilst also delivering amazing service for our customers.
There are endless opportunities to bring personality to all interactions, deliver unexpected value, and show the customers what a difference a great enthusiastic support service can make!
On top of that, you will have many opportunities to deploy your skills to work on exciting internal projects in your team and across the business, whilst we will be providing support and mentoring to ensure you’re successful.
The role is one of the first Support openings in North America, making this an exciting time to join with loads of possibilities for progression as the company continues the impressive growth.
Day to Day
- Provide our customers with all the support, guidance, and tools that they need to use and maintain the software platform successfully
- Build trust and alleviate the impact of issues via swift response and proactive communication
- Be a key source of knowledge on the customer solutions, the underlying technologies, integration methods, and operational best practices
- Empower our customers and colleagues with training and documentation
- Collaborate with the Delivery teams to help launch new customer deployments
- Gathering customer’s feedback, evaluating their needs, and communicating these to the Product, Customer Success, Engineering, and Management teams
- Join our on-call engineer rotation to provide out-of-hours support for critical service issues
- A degree in an IT related discipline, or equivalent experience combined with professional training
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Demonstrated success in Customer Support or a Professional Services function for a product / SAAS company with enterprise customers
- Ability to quickly learn new technology, as well as a strong interest in doing so!
- Demonstrable extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system and shell scripting
- Experience with at least two of listed technologies: MongoDB or other SQL/NoSQL databases, Elastic Stack, REST APIs, programming languages (i.e. Python or Java), distributed systems and technologies such as Apache Zookeeper and Apache Kafka, cloud environments (AWS, GCP)
- Ability to make quick, informed decisions under pressure and prioritize appropriately based on SLAs, urgency, and necessity for both internal and external requests
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Freshdesk, Zendesk, or Jira
- Ability to conduct independent research, using internal and external resources to determine the root cause of problems and find workable solutions
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and the ability to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with many varied technical requests
- Ability to communicate seamlessly with global internal teams and customers, adapting fluidly to different audiences – ranging from highly technical software architects to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with ITSM best practice frameworks such as ITIL is a plus
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.