The Data Operations and Analytics teams work closely together to analyze various types of data enabling it for use by our internal and external clients. We are looking for a Data Engineer to contribute to this vision and reap the rewards of joining an exciting company in the high growth phase.
As a Data Engineer, you will develop integral analytical solutions with machine learning models that help the team leverage and optimize product data from our extensive multi-lingual product catalog. Also help design the data Architecture needed to support processing Terabytes of data on an hourly basis. This is a challenging and high visibility position which is responsible for creating these solutions as well as guiding technical direction. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with little to no assistance.
A successful candidate will have to be able to quickly build and deploy analytics, ML models, SQL Architect and visualizations that provide the Data Operations team the ability to review data quickly and effectively to approve the data for use. This unique role requires excellent communication skills, SQL skills, coding skills and world-class problem-solving skills.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Work with large data sets by analyzing the product data for similarities by developing algorithms to categorize, authenticate, and unify.
- Make recommendations on Data Architect for processing and storage of product data.
- Work closely with the Data Operations team to seek out ways to improve and make their jobs efficient.
- Identify and own data quality issues.
- Analyze product and client data requirements and identify the best data source for building Master Products in the catalog.
- Manage all data collection errors and quality issues.
- Evaluate, analyze, and provide resolution for data quality discrepancies and problems.
- Bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross-functional problems.
- Work closely with our Data Acquisition team to ensure we are getting necessary data attributes for processing via Machine Learning/AI
- BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science
- 7+ Years’ experience as a Data Engineer
- Leverage statistical analysis to understand what is "acceptable" versus "outliers".
- Experience working with PHP, Phalcon, Python, Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, HIV, MySQL, GIT, Jenkins
- Experience working and cleansing large data set of products using ML/AI a plus.
- Seasoned data engineering experience and database architecture
- A willingness to learn new technologies and tools and a passion for code.
- Strong previous professional collaboration experience with data science teams
- Prior hands-on commercial experience with at least one of the following cloud services, preferably serverless: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Entrepreneurial and big-picture mind for applications of machine learning in a product driven world.
- Hands-on experience in developing / deploying machine learning models that are tied to business value.
- Knack for conducting the apt Data Exploration needed to enhance the cleanliness and effectiveness of our data sources.
- Discipline to create well documented coding and analytics packets to ensure reusability as the team expands.
- Ability to present and communicate thoughtfully, expertly with customers, and able to solve problems collaboratively and proactively.
- Strong writer in global English, ability to write about technical issues and describe them fluently/specifically.
- Self-motivated contributor who asks questions and dives in to help a team or customers.
- Comfortable working independently or collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities, manages multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Fluent with inter-team and cross functional teamwork.
- CPG data Experience a plus.
- Data Science experience a plus.
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment is a plus.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.