The Sr. Data Engineer’s role is to design, implement and maintain our enterprise data warehouse and other data repositories for reporting and ensuring high levels of data availability and security for our business users. This individual will be responsible for leading our data efforts including all aspects of data flow, data modeling, dimensions, etc. through to the use of AI in predictive modeling. This individual will provide hands on design and development including sourcing and modeling data from various sources into our Data Vault 2.0 / Azure Synapse warehouse.
- Develop, deploy, support, and optimize tools for data extraction, queries, and data manipulation in accordance with business processes utilizing the MS solution suite including MS SQL, SSRS, SSIS, change data capture, etc.
- Data modeling, data architecting and systems architecture development in collaboration with our solutions architecture team to ensure cross-application consistency and business value is realized
- Collaborate with software development staff to develop database designs, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Ensure the reliability of data access and data quality across the organization via ongoing database/enterprise data warehouse support and maintenance.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to enterprise data warehouse.
- Document business and security requirements, test plans, database dictionaries, etc.
- Identify inefficiencies and gaps in current data warehouse and leverage solutions to ensure data standards.
- Documentation via automated data discovery and data maps.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- 7+ years experience IT and or engineering experience in data management
- Must be US Citizen and able to pass background check.
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices including enterprise data warehouses.
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills with the ability to actively listen and effectively gather business requirements for analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise with data architecting, enterprise repository tools, data mining, large-scale data modeling, data mapping tools, data profiling tools, and data life cycle methodologies.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Construction industry knowledge a plus.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent customer service skills combined with the ability to solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize issues and monitor progress.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Data Vault
- Experience pulling data from APIs
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.