Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for someone who lives the DevOps lifestyle and strives to make everything easier through automation to join our team as an SRE Automation (aka DevOps) Engineer. Come work with a small like-minded team to help deliver new digital experiences for intelligent buildings, connected food, and aerospace. Maximize feedback and minimize friction.
Experience as key contributor in an industry-leading DevOps-oriented team is a must. You have a toolchain you love but are flexible as needed and always experimenting with better ways to improve software delivery and operate platforms. You must be a proven self-starter that is capable of working in fast-pace environment and able to mentor and nurture best-practices as we grow.
In this role, you will work with user experience, product, data science, and engineering teams to build highly automated operational environments that support the lifecycle of digital services.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 100 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Build and deploy automated software deployment pipelines, infrastructure-as-code, configuration management, monitoring tools, and various automated measuring tasks that create opportunities to increase reliability.
- Create self-service tools for various user groups, allowing activities like test environment provisioning, event logs, and statistics visualizations to be handled with ease.
- Support selection of DevOps toolchain services through hands-on research, evaluation, and proof-of-concept work.
- Help operationalize and support the DevOps toolchain.
- Work across a diverse set of stakeholders to understand unique team needs and devise creative solutions that help increase the velocity of software delivery.
- Be a vocal advocate for automation and help build a culture of DevOps across different teams.
- Document best practices to support the broader software engineering community
- Experience leading and project managing complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering initiatives.
- Extensive experience building CI/CD automated pipelines for on-premise and cloud native applications.
- Deep understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Experience working with technology infrastructure projects (IoT, networks, storage etc.).
- Prior experience working with or managing large technical programs, particularly at high growth startups or Fortune 500 companies.
- Understanding of large-scale application architecture and integration patterns.
- Experience in software engineering and development.
- Complete and total aversion to any mundane, wasteful, and repetitive work.
- Ability to write great code and scripts.
- Deep understanding of Agile philosophy, continuous delivery, cloud-native and modern application architectures (API, microservices, containers, serverless, etc.).
- Solid foundation in networking, storage, and systems administration in Linux.
- Solid foundation of infrastructure and application operations.
- Extensive experience with Azure and AWS platforms, Docker or OpenShift, Kubernetes, Jenkins or other CI/CD tools, Github, Jira, Confluence, security and automated testing tools, and hypervisors.
- AWS or Azure Certification preferable.
- Experience working in a Test Driven and Agile environment preferred.
- Never repeat yourself, and there has to be a better way, mindset a must.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment.)
- Excellent collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that are relatable to all levels.
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code.
- Excellent analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Superb planning and organizational skills.
- Adaptability and multi-tasking; experience working in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to detect project risks and build contingency plans.
- Ability to define and develop improved working practices.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Year of Experience
Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years experience.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.