Sr. DevOps Engineer (Automation Development)
DevOps Automation Engineer
This position will focus on application level automation development mainly on .net, java, react, serverless technology. Strong background as a Software Developer with expertise in application level automation using standard DevOps tools like Jenkins, Octopus/Chef/Ansible, Artifactory, Bitbucket/Git.
Extensive experience in Jenkins is a must
- More than 4 years’ experience as Software developer moving into application automation development career.
- Outstanding Windows system administration including IIS and OS tuning skills
- Experience in AWS/Azure Cloud Operations serverless framework, IaaS, PaaS like app services, RDS/SQL, Cloud Formation, OpsWoks/Chef, Lambda/Functions, containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS), Compute, storage, etc.
Note: Appropriate technologies comparable in both Cloud platforms
- Linux system administration skills desired
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience in AWS and Azure operations with focus in automation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Can quickly diagnose and resolve code issues, then take appropriate actions to prevent a recurrence
- Experience on resolving security vulnerabilities remediations to comply with PCI, SOX compliance
- Versatile scripter for automation, administration, operations, and monitoring tasks.
- Focus automation initiative for .net, react, application on build and deploy automated software deployment CICD pipelines.
- Contributor to the team with technical automation initiative for AWS for Containers, Serverless, using AWS native tools (Cloud Formation, lambda, OpsWorks/chef, ECS and IaaS like VM, Storage, Networking.
- Experience managing and operating Azure cloud platform including PaaS like app services, SQL, and IaaS like VM, Storage, Networking
- Experience in infrastructure-as-code using terraform, configuration management, monitoring tools, and various automated tasks to increase reliability.
- Support selection of DevOps toolchain services through hands-on research, evaluation, and proof-of-concept work related to application automation capabilities including AWS/Azure automation.
- Work as a member of DevOps team to integrate any automation initiative into DevOps standard CICD pipelines standards. Focus on Application level automation.
- Help operationalize and support the DevOps toolchain and improve existing automation capabilities.
- Work across a diverse set of stakeholders to understand unique team needs and develop creative solutions that help increase the velocity of software delivery.
- Be a vocal advocate for automation and help build a culture of DevOps across different teams.
- Versatile scripter for administration, operations, and monitoring tasks
- Needs to have strong experience as software developers with 4+ years of demonstrated experience is a must.
- Experience as team member managing complex projects and IT technical engineering initiatives.
- Extensive experience building CI/CD automated pipelines for .net and react applications hosted in Windows OS.
- Strong background as software developer and automation engineer with deep understanding of Agile philosophy, continuous delivery, cloud-native and modern application architectures (API, UI, microservices, serverless, etc.).
- Experience managing and operating AWS cloud and native Automation tools Like Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, KMS, ECS.
- Experience managing and operating Azure Cloud Platform and introducing supporting automation capabilities.
- Experience working with technology infrastructure projects (Compute, networks, storage, DBs, etc.).
- Extensive experience with CI/CD toolset like Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, artifactory, Ansible, Octopus, terraform.
- Solid experience in systems administration in windows technologies. Linux, desired.
- Deep understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Understanding of application architecture for API, UI and integration patterns.
- Complete and total aversion to any mundane, wasteful, and repetitive work.
- Ability to write great code and scripts.
- Solid foundation of infrastructure and application automation and operations.
- DevOps and Automation Skills need to be backed by strong hands on experience implementing, scaling, building highly available solution operationalizing and supporting it.
- Experience in "mission-critical" or Highly available system.
- Never repeat yourself, and there must be a better way, mindset a must.
- Excellent collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that are relatable to all levels.
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code.
- Excellent analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Superb planning and organizational skills.
- Adaptability and multi-tasking; experience working in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to detect project risks and build contingency plans.
- Ability to define and develop improved working practices.
- US Citizen or Green card holder.
- Competent and active proponent of DevOps principles
- Strong advocate of build, test, deployment, and configuration automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.