Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Frontend Engineer who cares about software excellence, is aware of the latest trends, and bring creative problem-solving experience and curiosity into the creation of new exciting and challenging features for our sites of products. This is a new role on a highly skilled and motivated delivery team of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Tech Leads, and Software Engineers with a passion to imagine, test, build, and deploy valuable products for Porsche prospects, enthusiasts, and customers. You will have the opportunity to create and lead the UI and technical design and development of multi-platform, cross-functional, customer facing applications.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Write high quality, and testable applications that support rapid delivery via continuous integration, delivery, and automated deployments.
- Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems while working, learning, and collaborating in a cross-functional agile team.
- Handle the design, development, code review, and testing of key applications.
- Actively participate in agile team activities such as providing input for story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Work closely with the product owners and design team to define feature requirements and deliver the product that supports the business and improves the customer experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objective & explore solution possibilities.
- Identify performance bottlenecks in the UI and come up with novel ways to solve them.
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, technology or similar
Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ frontend development experience in a production environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with frontend frameworks like React or Angular.
- Expert programming skills in web-based technologies.
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (SCM / Unit Tests).
- Deployed customer-facing software into a production environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital products, services and platforms.
- Experience with, understanding of, and interest in digital trends and new technologies.
- Experience with working in a global team-set up and multi team collaboration environment.
- Frontend development and delivery experience with React and/or Angular – preferred - or a modern UI framework.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code, and e2e Test Automations.
- Knowledge of software best practice like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc.
- Experience in building reusable components, preformat and responsive UIs and responsive UIs.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.