Senior PHP Developer
6 month contract
One of Atlanta's fastest growing FinTech firms is adding a Sr. PHP Developer to the team. As a key development role, the PHP Development Engineer is accountable for development, testing and delivery of PHP-based applications, under the leadership of senior development engineers, architects and managers. The engineer will develop applications adhering to the coding standards prescribed and deliver code that is timely, accurate and of high quality.
- Develop server-based and web-based solutions for custom application requirements
- Work with business team and software developers in completing software enhancements
- Assist in testing and deployment of additional features and functionality that may include other object-oriented technologies
- Mentors junior and mid-level developers on coding practices, standards and processes.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervisor.
Required Technical Skills
- Experience in multiple PHP frameworks (YII and/or Laravel).
- Ability to design/develop/maintain database (MySQL, MariaDB and/or PostgreSQL) using SQL queries
- Experience developing server-based and web-based applications using PHP
- Experience developing and deploying applications on Amazon AWS is required.
- Strong BDD and/or TDD experience is necessary.
- Good knowledge of Linux and a working knowledge of Windows is necessary.
- Experience with a component-based, object-oriented, multi-tiered architecture like MVC is a requirement.
- A good knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns is necessary.
- Experience with messaging or parallelization tools like Gearman, a plus.
Required Business Skills
- Entrepreneurial orientation and creativity
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to new environments and pick up new skills/technologies
- Ability to managed and meet deadlines
Education and Experience
BS Degree and/or 8+ years’ experience in software development, testing, deployment, and lifecycle maintenance of enterprise grade applications expected.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.