The Sr. Procurement Specialist will be responsible for executing various functions within Procurement using the Coupa Procurement platform. This position will have responsibility for contract management of staff augmentation vendors to include monitoring contract performance, analyzing spend, recommending improvements to processes and managing collection of annual rebates owed to the company. This position will also participate in contract negotiations for various professional services and IT related categories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Owns and oversees the Coupa Contingent Worker contract life cycle and is involved in all aspects of the contracting process including internal and external discussions, managing redline documents, obtaining authorized signatures for execution, publishing in Coupa and tracking end dates, extensions and contract renewals.
- Interfaces with various stakeholders and vendors to ensure a smooth process from the initiation of requisition to the execution of the statement of work, on-boarding of the contingent worker and time-sheet invoicing support.
- Applies contracting principles in the tactical execution of negotiating contracts for products and services. Drives the structuring and execution of Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Quotations (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP) and ensures that all procurement, legal and financial processes are adhered to, and internal stakeholders are in agreement prior to contract award.
- Support and coordinate efforts by the business stakeholders for new product development projects. Identify new suppliers as required.
- Participate in process and cost reduction improvement projects. Initiate ideas for improvement.
- Manage, track and update new and existing agreements, contracts, amendments and addenda. Maintain accurate and complete supplier information in the Coupa system.
- Responsible for attending periodic business reviews with contracted suppliers and maintaining open channels of communication regarding contract performance and any necessary problem resolution.
- Manage a contract portfolio, routinely monitor contract compliance to contract terms and conditions.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal customers and suppliers to ensure satisfaction through effective, timely communication and problem resolution.
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Experience in managing Purchase Orders, invoices, vendor communication and follow up
- 5 to 7 years experience in Procurement and Vendor Management with an understanding of vendor management concepts, contract terms such as SLAs and payment terms
- Understanding of basic financial principles
- Excellent self-organization and communication skills with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting, drive team results and support change management within the organization
- Ability to build relationships, foster teamwork and maintain grace under pressure
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc.)
- Coupa or Ariba experience is desired
Preferred Skills but Not Required:
- Project Management experience a plus
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.