This is a holistic, high-level role with responsibilities that encompass the entire product lifecycle — from customer discovery to product delivery. You drive the product strategy by understanding customer needs, the product, and the overall market. This is largely an external-facing role with key stakeholders including customers, analysts, partners, sales, marketing, operations, delivery and the product team.
You will work alongside Product Owners who are responsible for turning customer pains and problems into actionable user stories.
You are not responsible for attending agile and scrum meetings on a regular basis, nor are you directly engaging with the development team as these are the responsibilities of the Product Owner.
- Market research and discovery
- Discover what users need by conducting research and uncovering critical insights
- Engage regularly with industry analysts to explore emerging trends and participate in studies
- Participate in customer and partner advisory councils and regularly interface 1×1 with key clients
- Roadmap innovation
- Develop and evolve the Channel Marketing product’s long-term vision and strategy
- Anticipate the market to ensure the product North Star and 3-year roadmap positions the company for success
- Assess business value and successfully prioritize roadmap items accordingly
- Ensure major roadmap initiatives have a direct, positive impact on Net Promote Scores from customers, partners and staff
- Stakeholder engagement
- Align the board and executive leadership team around a cohesive product roadmap
- Champion the team, partners, and external stakeholders to ensure alignment around overall strategy and direction of the product
- Oversee the Product Council for the Channel Marketing product line
Job Specifications & Requirements
- At least five years of experience in Product Management or Product Ownership
- Deep understanding of channel marketing and/or marketing automation
- Excellent presentation skills 1×1 and to large audiences
- Track record of influencing senior executives
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Preferably a track record of engaging with industry analysts
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.