Location: Atlanta, GA (perimeter area) but can work remotely 1-2 days/wk
Senior QA Engineer
The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for leading software development testing efforts across multiple financial application systems in the company. Daily engagement in designing and developing automated tests and manual test cases will be the day-to-day part of this role. As a senior engineer, this person will actively collaborate and contribute to the efforts of the entire Agile team while following all the standard SDLC and Agile (Scrum) processes.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are the key to success in this role as you will be interacting with team members from across the organization ranging from other QA engineers, software developers, senior management, product managers, scrum masters and occasionally customers and partners as well.
- You should have a minimum of 5-7 years of full stack software development experience with a focus on enterprise.NET and SQL development are the foundation for our current technology stack but relevant experience on other platforms is acceptable.
- As such, you are expected to understand and explain principles of sound code design while following best practices of secure and efficient development. This will, of course, include the ability to write and optimize .NET code, stored procedures, T-SQL queries, and the corresponding test cases. Having a strong knowledge of how to work with other developers, product owners, scrum masters and DBAs will help you contribute on the expected level of technical and team engagement.
- Create and maintain testing scripts, standards, guidelines and playbooks for accessibility testing and development best-practices.
- Document, record, and maintain defect audit reports.
- Conduct accessibility read-outs meeting for product stakeholders.
- Track & report repeat non-conformance features or functionality that require solutions for the assigned segments.
- Provide assistive technology user support for internal and external clients.
- Approve project workflows, related accessibility efforts and testing for final reporting and recording.
- Understand and constantly consider the full-stack architecture for an entire product suite
- Bridge the gap between remote and local QA Engineers.
- Mentor and guide the development of junior QA Engineers.
- Drive QA best practices used within the company.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Provide production and dev/ops support as periodically assigned
- Enforce adherence to QA and Development standards and participation in code reviews
- Being proactive.
- Having methods for problem solving.
- Being a good communicator, both written and spoken.
- Having competent teamwork abilities.
- Having documentation and organizational skills.
- Having analytical thinking abilities.
- Being able to plan technical solutions.
- Being self-motivated.
- Having a competent judgment to inform problems to superiors on time.
- Being deadline oriented.
- Experience developing and maintaining automation test scripts written in Python (preferred) or Ruby.
- Experience in testing of REST-based and SOAP-based APIs
- Comfortable working on legacy .NET applications
- Familiar with modern source control systems and branching strategies (Bitbucket + Git)
- Familiarity with Jenkins, ReSharper, JetBrains, etc. a major plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes, methods, and experience in effectively using them is a major plus.
- Understanding of the electronic payments industry is a major plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related degree) desired. Additional years of professional experience considered in lieu of completed degree
- Minimum of 5 years of professional QA Engineering experience required. Ideally 7+.
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.