Senior ServiceNow Discovery SME
Manages the Infrastructure Discovery and Application/Service Mapping lifecycles along with their associated technologies. Is the subject matter expert (SME) for infrastructure discovery and application service mapping. Works closely with other technology SMEs to build and maintain accurate application service maps. Designs, develops, and implements custom patterns, probes, and sensors to achieve a complete and accurate discovery of infrastructure components and application services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages ServiceNow Discovery and ServiceNow Service Mapping.
- Ensures that horizontal discovery and service mapping products are highly available, reliable, and performant.
- Creates and maintains custom patterns, probes, and sensors to accommodate internal discovery requirements.
- Establishes and maintains discovery schedules.
- Monitors discovery and service mapping results, reconciling and addressing any anomalies.
- Proactively plans capacity of ServiceNow MID servers and maintains and configures appropriately.
- Works with Service Owners and SMEs to ensure that accurate service maps are discovered and maintained.
- Participates in platform upgrade planning, testing, and validation.
- May participate in projects including preparing project plans, assigning tasks, monitoring statuses, coordinating efforts, validating team recommendations, integrating efforts into a comprehensive strategy and delivering results on time.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements, flow charts and technical diagrams.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including leveraging EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, and Cloud formation services in an enterprise production environment
- Knowledge of Windows Server administration, Active Directory, LDAP, Single-Sign-on, authentication, user and group policy objects, and permission levels
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux Server administration, including user permission levels, SUDO virtualization, including VMware, containerization, and Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.