Senior Software Engineer (.Net)
A leader in providing integrated payment and frictionless commerce solutions that help customers accept and make payments, expedite receipt of money, and increase operating efficiencies is looking to add a Sr. Software Engineer skilled in ASP. Net Core and Webforms to the payments team.
As a senior developer, you will be working in a fast-paced small Agile development team, on a suite of web applications built using ASP.NET Webforms 4.0, C# with SQL Server 2016 as backend running in Azure. The applications primarily process Bank card and ACH payments via different channels. We are looking for a strong developer with the following:
- Develop and maintain the suite of applications. 60% new development and 20% enhancements to legacy applications.
- Work on assigned legacy bugs and issues and resolve in a timely manner. (20%)
- Provide production and dev/ops support as assigned
- Adhere to coding standards, development best practices and code reviews
- Ability to work independently and deliver bug-free code to QA and Production environments
- Provide design input and advice
Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience with ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, WebAPI, ASP.NET Core
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience maintaining existing WCF services using REST and SOAP-based APIs using XML and JSON
- Experience integrating and designing RESTful APIs using ASP.NET Core
- Extensive experience working on refactoring and creating SQL Server objects as needed
- Solid experience deploying code into Azure (preferred) or any other cloud offering.
- Follow guidelines, quality requirements, conventions and rules
- Experience with writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
- Strong debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Experience in developing UI applications using .NET Full Stack and other open-source UI frameworks like Angular, React and/or Blazor
- Strong understanding of Azure server less offering for .NET dev stack such as Azure Functions, App Service, WebJobs, KeyVault etc
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.