SRE / DevOps Engineer
eHire’s client has engaged eHire in a search for an SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) to join their growing Alpharetta based team. As a member of our client’s product development team, the SRE will lead the configuration, optimization, documentation, and support of the infrastructure components of their application platforms. The selected candidate will fill a critical need to ensure that our client’s production systems are installed and running smoothly. The first assignment will be to set up development operations and take it to the next level by streamlining the pipeline from development to production. The successful candidate will have top technical skills, excellent attention to detail and follow-up, and the ability to self-manage. If you believe in learning, optimizing and know that any task can be automated, our client is looking for you! They are looking for individuals who want to change the world, cause market disruptions by bringing in new ideas/technologies to the table.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or in “STEM” Majors
- Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools:
- Excellent hands-on programming knowledge in Application Development
- 5+ years of experience building Java J2EE applications using build tools like:
- 3-5+ years’ experience with continuous integration tools
- 2+ years’ experience with configuration management and automation:
- 2+ years’ experience deploying and managing infrastructure on public clouds (AWS and / or GCP)
- Experience working with
- Elastic Search
- 3+ years’ experience in Linux environments (CentOS).
- Experience with Docker-based containers is a plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, load balancers, high availability architecture, zero downtime production deployments. Comfortable with network troubleshooting (tcpdump, routing, proxies, firewalls, load balancers, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to script around repeatable tasks (Go, Ruby, Python, Bash)
- Experience with large scale cluster management systems (Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Able to dive into any level of a modern internet service (schedulers, containers, Linux kernel, caching, object storage, distributed filesystems, RDBMS, NoSQL, etc.)
- Able to troubleshoot and debug applications (C, Java, Go)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately troubleshoot system issues.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders.
- A real passion for and the ability to learn new technologies
About Our Client
Our client is a global provider of information solutions and human resources business process outsourcing services for businesses, governments, and consumers. The Company has a large and diversified group of clients, including financial institutions, corporations, governments, and individuals. Its products and services are based on comprehensive databases of consumer and business information derived from numerous sources including credit, financial assets, telecommunications and utility payments, employment, income, demographic and marketing data. Our client uses advanced statistical techniques and software tools to analyze all available data, creating customized insights, decision-making solutions, and processing services for our clients. The Company helps consumers understand, manage and protect their personal information and make more informed financial decisions. It also provides information, technology, and services to support debt collections and recovery management
- 3-month Contract to Hire
- Work Style: Onsite in a business casual, professional, customer-driven environment
Be Great | Give Back | Follow Purpose | Be True | Have Fun!
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.