Systems Administration - Linux (Immediate need)
Our leading edge - Healthcare software client seeks an experienced technology professional to provide systems administration, support, and maintenance in a Linux(primary) and Windows (secondary/desktop) environment. The primary focus of this role is Linux server administration, however support of Windows operating systems (server and desktop), XenServer virtualization, and SAN/NAS systems is sometimes required. Our Linux environment consists primarily of Debian servers and also includes several Ubuntu servers and desktops. Most of these systems are virtualized on a XenServer platform and are authenticated via Kerberos. These systems provide a platform to run our production applications as well as development and preproduction environments. This role requires working with software developers and business users to provide for their computing needs while maintaining security and adhering to established standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in systems administration.
- Ability to handle heavy workloads with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task.
- Linux server administration – Installation, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting in a Debian/Ubuntu environment.
- Puppet administration for configuration and control of over 200 Linux servers
- AWS EC2, S3, VPC, RDS and related services experience is required
- Windows administration – Assist with various Windows tasks including AD maintenance, GPO development and deployment, and troubleshooting of issues
- Strong troubleshooting ability in high stress environment with limited information is required
- Enhance reliability of systems through monitoring and alerting of potential and actual problems
- Install, configure, and maintain Linux operating systems both manually and using Puppet
- Develop and maintain all Linux and network systems, applications, security, and configurations.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate, and install patches, and resolve software related problems. Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Recommend and schedule repairs.
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software. Monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards.
- Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Perform system backups and recovery and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan.
- Provide technical support and guidance to users.
- Participate in on call rotation approximately one week per month
- Rely on experience and judgment as well as instructions and pre-established guidelines to plan and accomplish goals and perform wide variety of tasks
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.