The System Engineer in the IT team is responsible for managing the core infrastructure, perform system administration functions, advancing problem management, implementing new technologies and innovative solutions within the organization. The position requires strong technical skills in retail and/or hospitality systems and as well as great collaboration and interpersonal skills in cross function environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of projects as needed. These activities include the definition of requirements, benefits, and technical strategy; research and development within the project life cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing, and rolling-out solutions
- Provides well rounded support by being familiar with application development, LAN/WAN/NOC, system installation/configuration, security technologies, server management and database management.
- Knowledgeable for all Windows server systems that support the Active Directory infrastructure which includes supporting connection to all related cloud services.
- Maintain, configure, patch/upgrade, and operate computer systems, network servers, and virtualization reliably.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Come up with solutions to resolve customer and prospective customer issues in a logical, creative and structured manner.
- Need to have innovative approach to prevent recurrence of issues by identifying root cause and implementing fix
- Work with all internal technical teams, service operations and external stakeholders like customer and 3rd party
- Test all fixes and enhancements, and work with the vendor and internal IT and external IT teams to apply changes into the production environment.
- Manage preventive maintenance and keep systems up-to-date on application level and operating systems.
- Understanding POS interfaces, data model with central systems and payment middleware, gateway, processor and acquirer.
- Investigating equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operations in order to make recommendations
- Developing and deploying software solutions that meet customer requirements
- Responsible for working on projects that apply new or existing technologies and solutions to meet business needs. Works with the IT and business management teams to define overall technical direction.
- Partners with the business to determine system needs, influencing and guiding the change process from concept to implementation.
- Coordinates the efforts of internal and external staff, and of key business partners in support of existing production systems and in the execution of new system projects. Serves as a functional and/or technical expert in one or more disciplines.
- B.S. degree in engineering, computer science, networking or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience with permissions/security technologies
- Experience with telephony technologies
- Experienced in best practices for the use of a distributed Microsoft network
- Writes, maintains, and reviews complete and concise technical and project documentation
- Presents training presentations on multiple technical levels
- Broad and strong knowledge of Store Systems hardware and software including POS, peripherals, Pinpad, media player, digital signage, PC and network printer, etc.
- Understanding of ITIL framework specially in Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release and Deployment, etc.
- Strong diagnostic technical skills to be able to perform root cause analysis on issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including reviewing windows, applications and payment logs.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems, able to manage Microsoft patch application.
- Experience with Event Viewer and its use for diagnosis.
- Experience with database management and support.
- Experience on payment solutions.
- Experience with Netapp NAS storage
- Experience on creating gold image, ghosting, scripting, group policy, staging and configuration processes.
- Able to deal with ambiguity – can function without having the total picture.
- Knowledge of retail and hospitality industry best practices with prior experience in Store Operations business processes and systems.
- Ability to work with various levels of store staff/management.
- Multitasking skills, able to prioritize, and juggle various projects and tasks concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills working with all levels of the organization and with external vendors
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Align the business’s goals, needs and objectives to the solutions
- Communicate issues and status in a clear, timely manner
- Support the business process by acting as an expert of the company's services and products, including usage, architecture, functionality and deployment
- Strong technical experience in testing, design and support
- Good problem-solving, as well as written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Having a can-do attitude
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.