The role of the Senior Technology Project Manager is to facilitate the successful delivery of projects for all lines of business. This includes the leadership of key internal technical and business-driven initiatives and partnership with portfolio teams for feasibility planning and resource allocations throughout initiation, development, and delivery according to the prioritization of the enterprise queue of projects.
- Establish project scope, objectives, business value, delivery methodology, and deliverables to support project goals in collaboration with senior management and project stakeholders.
- Determine the methodology for delivery and facilitate the team’s performance of project objectives.
- Effectively manage and communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Define, monitor, and report project progress against deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria, risks, issues, and decisions, and manage the delivery of the project to effectively address them.
- Create a continuous improvement culture for each project, and capitalize on stakeholder and team feedback to improve the process throughout project cycles.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Facilitate the creation of the appropriate project documentation to support effective delivery, integration, and support.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, schedule, and cost.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to new project managers with support and feedback where appropriate to the team.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of key PMO initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems and/or 7+ years equivalent work experience.
- Must have 5+ years experience managing Software or IT projects
- Certifications a plus (PMP, PgMP, PfMP, CSM, or PMI-ACP)
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Jira, Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, Pivotal Tracker, MS Office Professional, MS Visio, MS OneNote, MS SharePoint
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.