Vice President Data Scientist - Remote
We are looking for an experienced Chief Data Scientist, who has previous experience leading Data Science teams and projects supporting Healthcare software applications. The Chief Data Scientist role involves:
- Solving technical, data-driven Healthcare problems using computer science, mathematical, predictive modeling and statistical methods and knowledge
- Actively growing, managing, and mentoring the Data Science team
- Showcasing the cutting-edge application of data science techniques in Client's offerings by speaking with clients, prospects and at industry conferences and events
- Identifying and evaluating new data science technologies.
This person will interact with teams from Product Management, Account Management and Application Engineering to maximize the utility of predictive modeling, analytic and machine learning across Client's product line. The role centers on leading and evangelizing the Client's focus on extending machine learning, predictive modeling, and analytic components to provide up-to-date intelligence to Healthcare providers maximizing outcomes. An ideal candidate for this position has experience leading and building data science teams with a focus on machine learning and predictive modeling, can take requests from various stakeholders and map them to data-driven solutions, has a strong attention to detail, and thrives in working in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-based environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with Application Engineering, Product Management, and Operational teams to lead the data science effort in designing, experimenting-with, and implementing machine learning and analytic systems applied to design information and user behavior
- Work to design and lead the data science effort on groundbreaking new applications of machine learning and analytic technology to Healthcare, producing quantitative, justifiable results to guide feature planning.
- Continually evolve Client's data science toolkits and processes to leverage new technologies and best practice implementations
- Translates real-world Healthcare problems to data-driven, mathematical frameworks
- Lead and grow the Data Science team, including managing and coaching existing team members while recruiting talented individuals to join the team
- Evangelize the use of machine learning, predictive modeling and proven analytic processes both within the the organization and externally by speaking and presenting at industry conferences and by publishing results in industry publications and broader AI and machine learning publications
- Lead the process of data exploration, hypothesis creation (from business and product goals), testing algorithms, scaling to large data-sets and validating results will be common tasks for this role
What we're looking for: Do you fit our team?
- Experience managing and growing a data science team within a technology-focused industry; ideally within the healthcare vertical
- Experience taking a data-driven, machine learning solution to real-world industry problems from conception to production, consumable by clients
- Experience speaking, presenting and publishing R&D outcomes from applying machine learning and predictive modeling to industry-driven problems
- Complete familiarity with various statistical and machine learning techniques including: classification, regression, dimension reduction, clustering, deep learning, and various multivariate methods
- Complete familiarity with empirical approaches to estimate performance of machine learning models including: hold-out sets, cross-validation, and leave-one-out testing
- Understanding of orders of algorithms and how they scale to large datasets
- Demonstrated competency in R/Python predictive modeling
- Demonstrated competency in RDBMS (e.g. SQL Server)
- Must be a quick learning with ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Outstanding presentation abilities that are easily consumed by a broad team
- Comfortable working in newly-forming, ambiguous areas where learning and adaptability are key skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Master degree or higher in the fields of Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics is preferred
- Ability to code in 1+ general purpose programming language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Track record of authoring industry or academic publications is preferred
- Track record of presenting machine learning and analytic results at industry or academic conferences is preferred
- An aptitude for medical informatics is preferred
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.