Lead Web Performance Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Web Performance Engineer for a contract assignment who is passionate about creating intuitive solutions that make sense and “feel” right to the end user. You are excited about developing creative, efficient solutions that imbue millions of users with delight and a natural understanding of their rental choices through our network of websites and applications.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer with frontend engineering experience building software, launching products, and a deep understanding of modern web UI performance.
A Day in the Life
- This role comes with significant responsibility, and you will have the opportunity to lead the build out of web applications and help establish the right development patterns.
- Your code is clear, clean, and lends itself to being reused as often as possible.
- The ever-changing nature of the front-end ecosystem is exciting to you, keeping you eager to create better solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- You will be responsible for the mentorship and capability growth of others; along with general oversight for technical implementation work output.
- You are an expert in all things HTTP and you're passionate about using emerging technologies like Cloudflare Workers to have an impact on modern web interfaces and user experiences.
- The ever-changing nature of the front-end ecosystem is exciting to you, keeping you eager to create better solutions to multi-faceted problems!
What We Need from You
- Solid web development experience building and launching products using modern SPA front-end techniques.
- Above all else, you are an expert in all things HTTP and you're passionate about using emerging technologies like Cloudflare Workers to have an impact on modern web interfaces and user experiences
- Working alongside a multi-engineer team, has experience leading the architecture and implementation of consumer-facing software from concept to production
- Demonstrated experience crafting software technical performance patterns
- A thorough understanding of web programming: expertise in HTML5/CSS/JS.
- A thorough understanding of the Browser rendering path
- A thorough understanding of React.
- An understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with version control system (Git, preferably)
A Human Approach to Staffing
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.