Software Engineer - Scala
Software Engineer - ScalaAtlanta, United States
We are seeking a Software Engineer to contribute to a new cutting-edge platform. In this fast-paced environment, the team works with Product, Compliance, and Marketing to meet business needs. This position is a chance to join a highly collaborative agile team working on greenfield technology.
An ideal candidate should be a fast learner of new tools and technologies. The candidate should be comfortable with enterprise software and security. Strong analytical skills are a big plus when working with relational and document databases. The candidate should be familiar with back-end and front-end development, and be able to follow requirements documents while voicing his/her opinions on possible improvements and innovations.
In this role, you will
- Independently design, develop and modify user-interfaces, micro-services, and backend applications that conform to company standards and best practices
- Solve complex technical problems
- Build libraries to be leveraged across the enterprise
- Exhibit passion for delivering high quality code and love for the craft of software development
- Exposure to Scala, Java, or other JVM languages is a plus.
- Interest or exposure to Haskell.
- Proficiency in multiple back-end languages (e.g.: Java, Kotlin, Scala, Python)
- Proficient with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g.: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with event processing or streaming mechanisms (e.g.: AWS SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Flink)
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and technologies like AWS and Kubernetes
- Proficient in test driven development (TDD) and continuous deployment practices
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies especially Agile / Kanban
- Experience building and deploying scalable apps using modern cloud platform technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, EKS)
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K, internet and cell phone line and data reimbursement and four weeks of PTO
- Company sponsored travel to conferences for professional development and training opportunities
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply - we’d love to hear from you.
A Human Approach to Staffing
eHire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.