We are looking for a passionate and creative Software Engineer to join a specialized team to help build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software. The successful candidate will work in an agile team environment and implement the latest technology in our product suite. This position will include designing, modifying, coding and testing software applications that adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements as well as external customers.
- Under general supervision, follows programming specifications to perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established procedures.
- Write code from functional design specifications that are well designed, efficient, and testable.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle, as an agile team member, to include, but not limited to, design, coding, unit testing and deployment.
- Work within an evolving agile development environment utilizing small teams that include developers, DBAs and QA members.
- Is a cross-functional agile team member and can take on development, DBA and testing tasks.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding and knowledge of position.
- Relies on limited experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs administrative tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years’ experience working on Java projects
- 2+ years’ experience with Service-oriented architecture
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the SDLC.
- Project experience working with Eclipse, SVN, Spring Framework, Maven and Junit
- Familiarity with microservices a plus
- Knowledge of MongoDB or other NoSQL databases preferred
- Knowledge of Selenium a plus
- Knowledge of test-driven development techniques a plus
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies a plus
- Knowledge of supply chain logistics a plus
- Knowledge of Apache Camel a plus
- Knowledge of React a plus
- Detail Oriented
- Proficient communication in both written and conversational English
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and projects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly for the business context
- Customer-centric mindset
- Thrives in a collaborative, team environment
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply - we’d love to hear from you.
A Human Approach to Staffing
eHire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.