Looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be responsible for leading, building and strengthening our core AWS services, You will work in an agile environment and will be doing Lambda, API and Microservices development interacting with the business, DevOps, QA and leadership teams
Additional responsibilities and accountabilities for this role include:
• Actively participate in requirements gathering sessions and be able to translate business needs into proper solutions.
• Engage in technical evaluations, solution, and design approaches discussions.
• Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable, high volume Restful Web Services
• Perform code reviews and mentor other team members using best practices.
• Be a strong team player and individual contributor with a go getter attitude.
• Responsible for helping the team in achieving priorities, goals and business strategies.
• Provides objective advice, expertise, and specialist support skills with the aim of creating value and maximizing growth or improving the business performance of their clients.
• Ensures that development activities are on a path to deliver benefits realization.
• Ensures collaboration with key functional partners in the implementation of initiatives.
• Readily recognizes solution and determines at what point issues require escalation to management.
• 5+ years of Java development or equivalent API related development (Node, Python)
• 5+ years of extensive SQL experience
• 5+ years of RESTful API development background
• 3+ years of cloud native development experience with thorough understanding of the dynamics of building applications involving Lambdas and Dynamo DB
• Knowledge and experience with API Security patterns and technology
• Experience with using tools and implementing integrations via API Gateway approaches.
• 2+ years of experience in building CI/CD pipeline automation in tools like Jenkins with scripting languages such as Groovy, Ruby, or Python
• 2+ Experience building highly scalable enterprise applications using microservices preferred with Hands-on experience with Docker or similar container orchestration services.
• Highly adaptable with programming language agnostic nature and experienced in using multiple programming languages including, but not limited to Node, TypeScript, Java, and Python
• In depth, practical experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends, and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings
• Experience in using various AWS tools and services in development SQS, IAM, S3, RDS, KMS, Route 53, Lambda, Kinesis, ECS and API Gateway to name a few.
• Experience with APM tools such as New Relic and Cloud Watch preferred.
Some benefits we offer include: