As a key member of our team, you will be collaborating with different engineering and operations teams and leading development of machine learning solutions for a variety of tasks and projects. You will be responsible for delivering assigned project tasks. You will also perform ad-hoc statistical and data science analyses. Our ideal candidates are smart, creative, analytical thinkers with attention to detail. You will also work closely with data engineers, developers and modeling analysts to generate seamless business solutions. You will be expected to present results of analyses to a wide range of audiences.
· Conduct data science project lifecycle tasks as assigned.
· Document code appropriately, inline, in Azure DevOps, and in Confluence.
· Verify data sources, transformations, models, and results per best practice guidelines.
· Organize and synthesize data into actionable business decisions, focused on insights.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
· Maintains and communicates on a regular basis the progress against department goals/objectives and priorities to Director of Data Science and Innovation.
· Compile, review, verify and analyze related external and internal insurance data including completed models for benchmarking of results.
· Develops creative ideas and solutions to real time business problems and/or business opportunities; takes reasonable, calculated risks even if failure is possible.
· Empowers self and teammates to continuously improve business processes/ systems and develops and escalates ideas and solutions.
· Consistently delivers superior customer service to both internal and external business partners.
· Demonstrates alignment with our Commitments.
· Prioritizes and organizes work in self-directed manner.
· Attains and maintains knowledge of assigned department.
· Performs other duties as required, including supporting and coordinating with other department colleagues.
· Ability to tell meaningful stories with data.
· Understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques.
· Working knowledge of machine learning algorithms (deep learning, classification, clustering, etc.), especially Natural Language Processing.
· Knowledge of DevOps, cloud infrastructure, container services, application development, and the data science life cycle beyond the completion of a final model.
· Proficiency in both Python and R, tracked by Git or DevOps.
· Experienced user of libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn, numpy, and the tidyverse.
· Experience with app development tools including Docker, R Shiny, React, Kubernetes, Flask, and CI/CD pipelines.
· Previous experience in the Azure Cloud Suite a plus.
· Proficiency in SQL required.
· 2+ years working with data in either academic or professional environments
· Property & Casualty Insurance experience encouraged, but not required
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply - we’d love to hear from you.
A Human Approach to Staffing
eHire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.