Technical Project Manager
Technical Project ManagerAtlanta, United States
Our client is a mobile device testing platform for quality-obsessed customers. Our fleet of real devices and flexible deployment options help QA and development teams create the perfect mobile experiences for their end users.
The Technical Project Manager is a customer-facing role responsible for ensuring our new customer implementation projects and existing customer migration projects are completed on time and with a great customer experience. We have a great, diverse set of Enterprise customers across industries and locales in the quality testing market.
You will be working closely with internal teams and customer teams to ensure new customers have a great onboarding experience and receive their products quickly, while existing customers need to expand their deployments and migrate from legacy products to newer solutions and have a smooth transition.
This role reports to the COO.
- Develop work back schedules and refine project scope for new projects
- Execute implementation project plans that typically take 3-8 weeks to complete
- Run 15+ projects in parallel and manage them in JIRA
- Organize cross-functional teams around objectives, tasks, and expectations
- Communicate directly with external stakeholders (Enterprise customers) about next steps, follow-ups, blockers, and changes to schedule
- Build program-level summaries for the Board of our overall plan to migrate customers from legacy products
- Manage both data center projects and customer on-premises projects
- Report on project status and metrics such as implementation time
- Accurately predict project completion dates and proactively identify risks and blockers
- Develop, implement, and improve processes continuously to optimize our efforts
- Advise management and account executives on situations that may require additional customer support or escalation
- Manage project scope and scope change requests
- Flexibility to join project/support calls in different time zones domestically and internationally
- 3-5 years of experience in managing technical customer-facing implementation projects
- Ability to go on-site to any of our 3 Atlanta offices (Midtown, Buckhead, and Norcross)
- Excellence working in a high-paced environment, start-up strongly preferred
- Technical degree or equivalent certification.
- PMP required or at least 5+ years of relevant project management experience with the goal to get certified within 6 months
- SaaS technologies and also hardware environments
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels (both technically and non-technically) via written and/or verbal forms of communication
- Strong interpersonal, leadership & mentoring skills
- Risk and issue management expertise
- Familiarity with Waterfall Methodology and Agile Principles
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk, G Suite, and LucidChart
- Proficiency in budget management
- Casual hybrid work environment
- Self-Managed (sometimes referred to as unlimited) Paid Time Off (PTO) - We trust that everyone working is a true professional and responsible adult. When you’re sick, take the time you need to get better. If you need a break to refresh and reboot, enjoy your time off.
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance for you and your family
- Mobile phone and Wi-Fi reimbursement
- Company-sponsored training and development opportunities (Growbiton)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Parental Leave (this includes adopting parents!)
- Employee referral bonus
- Fitness center on-site in Atlanta
- Free access to coffee at Bellwood Coffee shop on-site in Atlanta
- Tickets State Farm Arena concert tickets
- Frequent happy hours and team events
A Human Approach to Staffing
eHire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.